Pandemic Stressors?

Emily Bush, Editor

What has been stressing us high school students out? Well, let me tell you. Personally, what’s been stressing me out the most is how much time I have to think about literally everything you could possibly imagine. 

I’m not usually in my house this much, so that’s really bothering me. I’m usually doing something with my friends, like going to Starbucks and working on homework, or going on Atomic runs. I feel like not being able to do these things with my friends is making us slowly drift apart. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me overthinking it, but it sure feels that way and I absolutely hate it. 

As of how I am coping with that stress, I have been on the phone quite a bit with all of my good friends, making sure that we don’t begin to fall out of touch. Either time and distance makes the heart grow fonder, or it shows who the true people are in your life, and whether or not you need to move on. 

I have found ways to keep myself calm during this time. I read quite often. I love to do facemasks with my mom and take goofy pictures with her, and I’ve been doing a little online shopping. I’m not going to lie, hasn’t everyone? I find myself scrolling through everything on Amazon or other websites similar to that. 

I really hope that all of my classmates and teachers aren’t getting too stressed out, all of this will eventually come to an end and we will be back to normal in no time. *knocks on wood*