Pandemic Perspective

Pandemic Perspective

Kaylea Roessler, Writer

As school has now been closed for 7 weeks, my perspective on school has changed drastically. Because when we are in school learning for about 7 hours to now when we are learning at home, we don’t have a set time for each class. So it seems like we are learning at a much slower pace, which is not bad, but it does affect some students in different ways. It does bother me quite a bit having to learn from home because I am unable to get one-on-one help with assignments and learn to do the work correctly, even with directions, it can still be hard to understand the work. I try to ask my friends who have the same classes for help too.

My perspective on school has changed and I have realized how important school really is because being out of school this long, I start to forget things, especially subjects that I do not understand. I do miss having French first thing in the morning and getting to see MADAME B. I miss her so much because she always has a positive attitude and her smile just makes your day so much better if you’re having a bad day. I always stop by her room in the morning to say good morning and ask how her day is going so far and how her day was the day before. She really does light up a room with her positivity and love for each and everyone of her students.

I also miss playing high school softball right now and getting to play with my friends. But I know soon enough, we will be back to normal. I can’t wait until we get to go back to school and see my teachers every day because they do help everyone in so many ways. Stay Safe, Stay Positive and tell your loved ones you love and miss them.