Books To Computer Screens!

Books To Computer Screens!

JaRaya Carr, Editor

Coronavirus has gone from a hundred cases to thousands of cases. Everything in the world is shutting down from clothing stores to restaurants, with only essential establishments open. The virus has shut down schools in the United States, like Rock Island High School. With no school, we started online school. I hope it all goes well!

I always wanted to be homeschooled, so I don’t have to wake up early, get dressed, and take myself to school. Instead, I can wake up when I want and do my homework later. The idea sounded great in my head when I was younger, but now, I’m sad that school’s online and the teacher is not there to help you with any needs. I can’t talk to my friends or have fun activities with them. I have to look at my mom and ask her questions she doesn’t know!

The first week of online school was different. It was strange not having noise from other students and of course, the loud bells. With everything online, I like it but I don’t like it. It is nice to be on my laptop all day, but I think doing homework on it isn’t that fun. When I go back to school, I will appreciate physical school more.

No school means no school supplies, like my books and my binders. With having no tools to get work done, it is hard. The students who don’t have things like a printer, laptop, wifi, school supplies, and other school-related things, I feel bad for them. The students work hard for their grades. I hope over the rest of the school year, the changes can be made for some students who don’t have supplies to work from home and no bad things happen to the students, and I hope to finish my junior year, have a nice virus-free summer, and be prepared for my senior year, then COLLEGE!!!