Coming Together

Kailyn Sanders, Editor

High school has suddenly gotten a new meaning and appreciation. We go about each day so excited for the next because it’s a day closer to freedom. We get so blindsided in wanting to grow up that we don’t realize how precious these moments are. Many of us have quickly grown to appreciate the times we had while still in school. 

Our community lately has come together really well to show their condolences for us seniors. The Facebook group, Adopt a Rock, was created so others can “adopt” a senior, send them gifts or bake them goodies to show that the seniors are in everyone’s hearts. For me, personally, that has helped me cope with not getting to finish my senior year. It’s been a very stressful time, not knowing what’s going to happen next. This quarantine could continue into the summer, making it where we can’t have a fun summer before we have to say goodbye to our friends. This could even get to the point where we have to stay home for college and continue school online. I’m supposed to be moving to Florida for school, which has been my dream since I was a little kid, and if that gets taken from me, I will probably be just as upset as I am now.

The start of senior year was so great, and I’m very thankful with how great the year was up until this point. It’s very unfortunate the year had to end like this but this is something that is out of our control.