Dear World, I Miss You!

Dear World, I Miss You!

JaRaya Carr, Editor

I know I have talked about being in quarantine a lot. I talk about it a lot because, sometimes, I hope it’s just a very long dream I’m stuck in and going to wake up very soon, but nothing has happened yet. I miss just being able to get in my car, hanging out with my friends, go to our favorite spots to hang out, and talk about life, school stuff, and life after high school. I miss just getting to see my family on a daily bases without a mask and hand sanitizer.

I miss going to the mall and getting my favorite drink from Boba Tea, a strawberry smoothie with lots of bubbles. It sounds so good right now! I miss eating out all the time. I know it’s very bad for me and my health, but it is too good. I can’t let it go. I loved to go get my nails done. I haven’t had my nails done in four months. They look horrible- they are long and painful. I miss the people who did my nails every two weeks. I miss them massaging my hands, the smell of nail polish, and the people talking about their drama with the people they love- mostly their spouses!! 

The car rides on very nice days, with my roof open, playing my favorite music, having my sunglasses on, and waving at random people who look at me weird. The most important thing is that I actually miss going to school. I miss the early mornings surprisingly. I got to sit in my car and regroup with my thoughts, and sometimes I take a little nap before going into school. I miss you, world. I miss your weather and fun days. I miss the stores that were open. When you come back, I will appreciate you more, and most importantly, I hope we can meet again and enjoy the fun days with everyone!!